Thank you for your interest in our MERINITO products! You have made a good choice: merino wool regulates body temperature in both summer and winter, is fireproof, antistatic, SPF 50+, absorbs moisture, doesn’t develop any unpleasant odors - even when worn for a long time, it is soft, comfortable and environmentally friendly (when buried in the ground, it decomposes in 6-9 months when compared to other synthetic products which require 30-40 years).
- automatic or manual wash at 30 °C, preferably an easy program, together with similar colors and using a special detergent for wool
- do not dry clean
- do not use bleach or fabric softener, do not dry clean nor mechanically
- do not wring through hard twist
- do not dry out in the sun
- dry the product horizontally (on a special support or a towel), drying on a hanger can cause an unwanted lengthening (under its own weight when wet) and losing of its shape (shape and size will come back after the next wash)
- merino wool is a highly elastic product and even if it seems that it shrinks after washing, returns to its dimensions immediately after next dressing
- best to iron on the inside, avoiding the labels
Merino wool is a 100% natural material that can be affected by many factors in the environment. It has the capacity to hold water up to 30% of its weight without feeling wet but its storage or reservation loaded with moisture (even if only for a few hours) may result in discoloration. Also contact with salt or chlorinated water can lead to the same phenomenon.
It is recommended to rinse with clean water to remove perspiration accumulated in the wool product to avoid possible discoloration. Contact with sharp or abrasive objects can cause tearing / piercing / wear of the material (wearing a rucksack directly on the wool shirt is not recommended).